Things I learnt while developing shareit clone of Android app
First I started this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sharein.filetransfer with the goal of developing indian version of share it app.
- Socket programming in Android.
- Connect and disconnect wifi in different versions of android ( it’s really painful to connect wifi in Android 10 )
- Turning on/off hotspot in Android. As some versions of android devices doesn’t support turning on wifi hotspot programmatically and from Android 9 it requires location permission and gps has to on and it gives random wifi said, password everytime.
- Sending and receiving java objects, text and files using inputstream and outputstream.
- Usage of handler, as to update the file progress from service we can’t call activity or fragment methods directly ( alternatively we can use local broadcast managers ).
You can try this app from this link.